www.ears-forum.com
ECS Dr. Merck, Ear Correction System, Constance, Germany
This forum aims at comparing Dr. Merck's stitch method with traditional methods as well as documenting experiences with both kinds of operations.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any doctors operating in the U.K. under this method?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ears-forum.com Forum Index -> General topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
George Millar

PostPosted: 06.03.2006 21:15    Post subject: Any doctors operating in the U.K. under this method? Reply with quote

Hello,

I plan to have the operation performed in the next 2 years because I've become increasingly depressed about my ears.
What i'm wondering is now though if there is in fact ANYONE in the U.k. who operates under the Dr. Merck Stitch Method - It seems bizarre to me that this procedure hasn't caught on - is there any reason for this? The old methods are, put simply, bloody and dangerous. Yours has no problems whatsoever!

If there is nobody in the U.K. who is able to operate under this method - is it possible to fly to Konstanz/Mallorca, have the operation and fly back home all in one day?

Thank You
Dr. Merck

PostPosted: 24.03.2006 20:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry to tell you that currently there is no doctor in the U.K. practicing my method.

For this reason, I want to pass my knowledge and my experience of the method on to other physicians.
I have founded a "Dr. Merck New Ear Correction Academy" in Majorca, directly adjoining the ear-correction hospital.
At the "Dr. Merck New Ear Correction Academy", physicians from all over the world can learn the specific operation techniques and the sequence of the operation. They profit above all from the years of experience which I have as the inventor of the method, personally carrying out the training.
Following successful completion of the programme, the physicians trained at the "Dr. Merck New Ear Correction Academy" are awarded a certificate, which entitles and qualifies them to correct ears according to the Dr. Merck Stitch Method.

You can fly to Palma de Mallorca or to Zürich (this is the next airport -1 hour by train- from Konstanz. The train connections are very good.)
If your flight arrives early, you can manage it all in one day.

If you are interested in an operation appointment, please contact us by mail: caroline@merck-esc.com or give us a call: +49 7531 9455831.

Kind regards,
Priv.Doz.Dr.med.W.Merck
George Millar

PostPosted: 30.03.2006 19:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.

It seems that still after 5 years.. your method hasn't caught on- and it's SUCH a shame. Do you know any particular reason for this? Are you able to tell me roughly how many people are now trained in performing otoplasty via this method?

Also, is every operation carried out by you? I read on your site that the total number is over 5000! Which is almost insane but at the same time a great sign of your dedication.

Thank you for any reply
Dr. Merck

PostPosted: 03.04.2006 21:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear George Millar,

The 5000 ears mentioned were corrected by me personally. I do, however, also have a team of highly qualified doctors working for me who have been trained in my method.
Some other doctors claim that they operate with the "stitch method", but in fact they are using a different, older method that is open and bloody, and not adequate for all types of ears.

In Mallorca, I run an academy to train doctors in my method. At the end, they receive a certificate which documents that they have learned how to operate according to the "Stitch Method of Dr. Merck". It will take some time, but more and more doctors from other countries will be learning this new method, in your country as well.
We are also currently planning to open a practice in England.
Unfortunately, we are unable to open one in the US, due to restrictions towards foreign/German doctors.

Kind regards,
Priv.Doz.Dr.med.W.Merck
GeorgeMillar

PostPosted: 04.04.2006 21:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am SO HAPPY to hear that there is a practice being opened in England. Do you have any further details on this? As in a rough estimate for it's opening?

I've been thinking for two years now to have this op, figuring all that time that my self-consciousness and nervousness would go away - in fact it's gotten so much worse. I really can't tell you how happy i am to hear this method is coming to England. Thank you!
Administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: 05.04.2006 21:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear George Millar,

At the moment, I cannot provide exact dates or information on the clinic in the UK. You will hear from me, when I know more.

Many regards,
Priv.Doz.Dr.med.W.Merck
GeorgeMillar

PostPosted: 11.04.2006 23:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you not have any indication as to when this new practice will be opened? Are we talking this year? 2007? or 2008?
I often check up on your website and am now very disappointed due to the price increases after 2007. The price for me was fairly steep already you see. If this operation centre will be opened before the end of the year then I can wait. But If it is most likely not to be, I will probably pursue having the operation this year to avoid the extra costs.

Thank You
Dr. Merck

PostPosted: 13.04.2006 17:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear GeorgeMillar,

I believe that the operation centre will not be opened this year. If you would like the procedure this year, you should come to Konstanz or to Mallorca.

Many regards,

Priv.Doz.Dr.med.W.Merck
laurence

PostPosted: 19.04.2006 14:02    Post subject: advice Reply with quote

George - did you go ahead with this? Considering it myself and would like some advice...
Cheers,
Laurence
Dr. Merck

PostPosted: 25.04.2006 15:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Laurence,
As soon as we have more details, we will publicise the new clinic on the main website.

Kind regards,
Priv.Doz.Dr.med.W.Merck
CazMak

PostPosted: 09.07.2006 19:19    Post subject: Any doctors operating in the U.K. under this method? Reply with quote

Hi, I am considering having this procedure, and live in the UK, is there any further news on doctors in the UK performing your stitch method?
Dr. Merck

PostPosted: 10.07.2006 19:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear CazMac,

No, at the moment there is no news. We are still in the process of opening a new clinic. I hope we can inaugurate it at the end of this year or in the first month of next year.

Kind regards,
Priv. Doz. Dr. med. W. Merck
redfred

PostPosted: 12.08.2006 21:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dr. Merck,
Is it likely that the UK clinic will open in 2007?
Dr. Merck

PostPosted: 15.08.2006 10:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear redfred,

Yes, it is likely that the UK clinic will open in 2007.

Many regards,
Priv.Doz.Dr.med.W.Merck
GeorgeMillar

PostPosted: 19.08.2006 18:32    Post subject: Pricing? Reply with quote

Hi,

Is it likely that the price for realising the operation will be the same in the U.K. as on your other clinics in Mallorca and Konstanz.
I am just wondering because I have done much research and found that otopalsty can be performed under U.K. companies for as little as £1000. If your method were to be offered at £2000 I doubt it would make as much of an impact. Although with the massive benefits from your method there is still a chance.

Thank you for any info regarding the U.K. clinic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ears-forum.com Forum Index -> General topics All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: